Art for Vets
In collaboration with the Manchester Veteran Administration Medical Center (MVAMC), the Curriers’ Art for Vets program provides access to art, studio classes, and wellness experiences in our galleries and classrooms on a weekly basis - year-round.
We aim to serve our veteran and active service members by creating programs that align with the Whole Health philosophy of the MVAMC and promote their individual wellness through:
- building a sense of accomplishment;
- uncovering new insights about themselves and each other;
- sparking effective, fluid, and transparent communication;
- inspiring overall camaraderie and shared support among all involved
Meaningful and respectful dialogue, the pursuit of whole health, and the benefits of the creative process are the keystones of Art for Vets.
Benefits for Veterans and Military Service Members:
Veteran Creative Cohort
Connect socially through art-viewing, creative art explorations, and guided conversations in the galleries. The program emphasizes personal development, respite, relationship building, and mindful awareness. Offered virtually and in person.
Veteran Studio Classes
The Currier provides small group studio classes specifically for veterans and military service members. Art for Vets studio classes are tuition free, and all materials are provided. Fields of study include drawing, painting, printmaking, collage, fiber arts, mixed media, and sculpture.
Benefits for family members of Veterans and Military Service Members:
The Art for Vets program provides several benefits for New Hampshire veterans, active military, and immediate* family members. A veteran or active service member must be enrolled in order to access most benefits.
*Immediate family includes husband, wife, partner, children, and grandchildren.
The Currier offers veterans, active-duty military, and their families or one guest free gallery admission any time! Those enrolled in Art for Vets need to check in at guest services upon arrival. Those not enrolled must bring a form of Military ID upon checking in at Guest Services.
Art for Vets Family Day
The Currier welcomes New Hampshire’s active military and veteran families on the third Saturday of every month for Art for Vets Family Day Free drop-in art activities for the entire family are offered in our studio spaces from 11 am to 2 pm on these dates, along with complimentary lunch (up to $15 per person) for up to four immediate family members in the Winter Garden Café.
Veteran or active military service member must check-in with Guest Services. Those enrolled in Art for Vets need only provide their name for check in. Those not enrolled must bring a form of Military ID upon checking in at Guest Services. Free admission in the galleries is also valid for veterans, active military, and their families.
Studio Art Classes, Workshops, and Camps
For family members and Art for Vets program members
The Currier is committed to connecting people with art by bringing artmaking to audiences of all ages and abilities. Once enrolled into the Art for Vets program, members and immediate family may each attend studio art classes or workshops each session (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer). Children of Art for Vets program members are welcome to attend one camp session (offered in the summer).
Enrolling in the Art for Vets program is free and allows members to efficiently access benefits, especially to bypass paying for admission when entering the museum. It simply requires the submission of an enrollment form and a one-time military status verification, either via email or in person.
- Verification of military or veteran status is required to process this application to comply with funding restrictions.
- Active or retired Military personnel may use a Military ID, veterans may use a DD-214 discharge summary, or a NH driver’s license with Veteran status on the top right corner.
- Applicants do not need to submit a copy of military/veteran verification.
- Verification is shown to a guest services representative or education staff when attending the first day of a class or workshop, Family Day – the third Saturday of the month, or any time the museum is open.
- Once verification is made, this form is considered complete. The museum identifies Art for Vets members in its system, thus relieving the need to provide verification in the future.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone, call 603.518.4946
Art for Vets is generously supported by Swim with a Mission.