We offer year-round studio art courses and programs for students of all ages and abilities.
Winter 2018 classes are now open for registration. Class titles link to registration pages.
We are honored to be named Best Museum and Best Place for Art Classes by New Hampshire Magazine’s Best of NH Reader’s Poll. Thank you for your support.
How to Register
- Online Class, camp and workshop titles link to descriptions and online registration pages
- Phone 603-518-4922 for assistance
- Visit the Art Center front office at 180 Pearl Street, Manchester, NH 03104. Registration forms are also accepted via mail.
Sign up to receive the Art Center eNewsletter and receive news, class announcements and special promotions.
Save With Multi Class Discount Codes
Sign up for multiple full- or half-term classes or February vacation camps for you or your family members. Use code MULTI and save 10%. Currier Members use code MULTIMEM to increase the multi class savings to 15%.
Multi discount excludes workshops. Currier Members always save 10% on workshops.
Session Two Classes – Now Enrolling
Half-term (five week) studio art classes are the perfect way to beat the winter blues.
Child Classes (session two)
These half-term classes feature new projects and do not require enrollment in session one.
- Saturdays, 2/24 -3/31, (five weeks) 9:15-10:15 am ABCs of Art Session 2 $90 Ages 4-6
Adult and Teen Classes (session two)
- Saturdays, 2/24-3/31, (five weeks) 9:30 – 11:00 am Drawing 101: Black, White, Grey, Color! $150 Adults and teens ages 13+ FULL
- Thursdays, 3/8-4/5, (five weeks) 10:00 am – 12:30 pm A Big Splash! Watercolor with Bruce McColl $215 Adults and teens ages 15+
One-Day Workshops – Ongoing Enrollment
We offer a variety of convenient one day Saturday workshop during February and March. Find one what interests you. Currier Members save 10% on Art Center classes and workshops. Log in to your account when registering to receive member discount.
- Family Workshop – Day to Play in Clay: Castles February 24, 1:00 to 3:00 pm $25
- Family Workshop – Imagine and Explore: How Does Your Garden Grow? March 10, 1:00 to 3:00 pm, $25
- Family Workshop – Day to Play in Clay: Baskets March 17, 1:00 to 3:00 pm, $25
- Family Workshop – Imagine and Explore: Go Fly a Kite! March 31, 1:00 to 3:00 pm, $25
Adult and Teen Workshops
- Adult and Teen Workshop – Drawing, Drawing, Drawing Series: Drawing in Black and White February 24,1:00 to 4:00 pm, $45
- Adult and Teen Workshop – Inspired by Landscape Series: Watercolor February 24, 1:00 to 4:00 pm, $75 FULL
- Adult and Teen Workshop – Inspired by Landscape Series: Oil Painting March 10, 1:00 to 4:00 pm, $75
- Adult and Teen Workshop – Glass, Glass, Glass March 17, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm, $110
- Adult and Teen Workshop – Drawing, Drawing, Drawing Series: Drawing in Color March 24, 1:00 to 4:00 pm, $45
- Adult and Teen Workshop – Clay Succulents March 24, 1:00 to 4:00 pm, $45
- Adult and Teen Workshop – Inspired by Landscape Series: Acrylic Painting March 31, 1:00 to 4:00 pm, $75
Call if registering or more than one in the Drawing, Drawing, Drawing Series or the Inspired by Landscape Series and save.
- Master Class – Forming the Figure: Sculpture Master Class with Tom Devaney March 10, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, $125
WINTER CLASSES - In progress - call for late registration
Please call 603-518-4922 to register late.
These classes began January 22.
- Mondays, 4:00-5:00 pm Wild Art – From Pole to Pole $165 Ages 4 to 6
- Mondays, 4:00-5:30 pm The Kids Studio: Clay $205 Ages 6 to 8 SOLD OUT
- Mondays, 4:00-5:30 pm Young van Goghs $190 NEW! Ages 8 to 10
- Mondays, 4:00-5:30 pm The Kids Studio: Drawing in 3-D $190 Ages 9 to 12
- Mondays, 4:00-5:30 pm Drawing Fundamentals for Middle Schoolers $205 Ages 11 to 14
- Mondays, 6:30-8:30 pm Drawing: The Beginner and Beyond $250 Ages 15+
These classes began January 16.
- Tuesdays, 10:30 am-noon Home-school Fundamentals of Art $190 Ages 6 to 12
- Tuesdays, 4:00 – 5:15 pm In the Studio: Monet, Matisse and More $175 Ages 6 to 8
- Tuesdays, 4:00-5:15 pm The Kids Studio: Drawing $175 Ages 7 to 10
- Tuesdays, 4:00-5:30 pm Draw It – Make It! $190 Ages 9 to 12
- Tuesdays, 9:30 am – noon Acrylic Painting: Beyond Basics – Acrylics $275 Ages 15+
- Tuesdays, 9:30 am – noon Weaving Baskets $275 Ages 15+
These classes began January 24.
- Wednesdays, 4:00-5:15 pm ROAR! The Wild Beasts of Art $175 Ages 6 to 8
- Wednesdays, 4:00-5:30 pm Full S.T.E.A.M Ahead $190 NEW! Ages 8 to 10
- Wednesdays, 6:00-7:30 pm Comics Creators! $190 Ages 9 to 12
- Wednesday 7:00 – 9:00 pm Acrylic Painting: The Beginner and Beyond $250 Ages 15+
These classes began January 20.
- Saturdays, 9:15-10:45 am The Kids Studio: Sculpture $190 Ages 7 to 10
- Saturdays, 9:30 am to noon Adult Wheel Throwing: Beginner and Beyond , 2/10-3/24, (six weeks) $190 NEW! Ages 15+
- Saturdays, 11:00 am-12:30 pm The Kids Studio: Drawing and Painting $190 Ages 7 to 10
- Saturdays, 9:00-10:30 am Wheel Throwing and More! $205 Ages 9 to 12
- Saturdays, 10:45 am-12:15 pm Wheel Throwing and More! $205 Ages 9 to 12
- Saturdays, 10:30-11:45 am, 1/20-2/17 (five weeks) Here Kitty, Kitty $105 – Session 1 $105 Ages 6 to 8
For assistance, call (603) 669-6144 x122
OPEN STUDIO PROGRAMS - Drop in
Open Studio Drop In Classes
Open Studio punch cards can be purchased at the Art Center office. Visits do not need to be consecutive. Please see descriptions for more information.
All Experienced Artists Welcome! NEW DROP IN PROGRAM
This is an independent drop-in program for intermediate to advanced artists. An instructor will be present to admit students who have punch cards, to answer questions and to monitor the studio session, but participant’s projects will be self-guided. Students will receive an “Open Studio Punch Card” to gain access to studio for five prepaid sessions.Open Studio punch Cards can be purchased at the Art Center office. Visits do not need to be consecutive.
- MONDAYS through 4/2, 6:30 – 8:30 pm Open Studio: Drawing and Painting $90 (5-visit card)
Students and Alumni – DROP IN
These are independent drop-in programs for intermediate to advanced ceramic and acrylic artists who are current students or alumni of the Art Center’s acrylics or ceramics program. An instructor will be present to admit students who have punch cards, to answer questions and to monitor the studio session, but participant’s projects will be self-guided. Students will receive an “Open Studio Punch Card” to gain access to studio for five prepaid sessions. Current Art center ceramics students are free when working on current classwork. Open Studio punch Cards can be purchased at the Art Center office. Visits do not need to be consecutive.
- MONDAYS through 4/2, 10:00 am – noon Open Studio: Acrylics $90 (5-visit card) DROP IN
- THURSDAYS through 3/22,, 9:30 am – noon Open Studio: Ceramics $90 (5 visit card) DROP IN
For assistance, call (603) 669-6144 x122
February Vacation Art Camps
February 26 to March 2
Join us for week-long vacation day camps. Morning, afternoon and full-day sessions are available for children ages 5-14 yrs. Breaks for snack, lunch, recess and an inspirational tour of the museum. Please complete the contact form and medication form and bring to first day orientation, 8:45 am, Monday.
- Morning Session: 9:00 am to noon, Monumental Fun! $170 FULL
- Afternoon Session: 1:00 to 4:00 pm, The Secret Garden $170 FULL
- Both Sessions: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Full Day Camp $285 FULL
After Camp Care: 4:00-5:30 pm can be included when enrolling for $30/week
2018 Summer Camps and Intensives – PREVIEW
Explore the upcoming Summer Camp schedule here. Registration will be open in early March
Important Art Center Dates
January 16: Winter 2018 full and session one classes begin
February 19: Presidents Day: No regular Monday classes
February 21: Session two classes begin
February 26 to March 2: No regular classes – Vacation Camps
March 3: No Saturday classes
March 17: Student Exhibit – noon to 4:00 pm
Snow Cancellations: Call 603.518.4922 for information by 8:00 am and check WMUR.com. We follow the Manchester School District for closings.
Year-Round Studio Art Courses and Programs
The Currier Museum Art Center is committed to quality educational opportunities, therefore professional artists and art educators provide instruction for courses with an emphasis on small classroom situations and personalized instruction. The Art Center offers classes, vacation camps and workshops for all ages and abilities, including beginners, teen intensives and master classes. The instructors use the Currier Museum’s collections to cultivate and broaden students’ artistic skills.
Museum Family Programs
Explore ongoing family programs at the museum including storytime and creative studio. Museum family programs are free with museum admission unless otherwise indicated. Children 12 and under always enjoy free admission. See full list of family activities.
Art supplies are available at the Currier Museum Shop. Students will receive a 20% discount with proof of class enrollment.
If your child is under age 14 and attending a week-long camp, please download and complete the following forms. Bring these forms with you on the first day of camp.